We love hair treatments! Using a hair treatment can feel like Christmas morning. Most treatments can leave your hair shiny and soft, with an overall healthier look.
We are always looking for new ways to gain healthy hair, and prevent breakage. After all, split ends and damage are caused from just that: Breakage. Without breakage, these problems don’t exist. There are times when your hair may dry out, and a good hair treatment can also be the cure. No matter which of these problems hit home for you, damaged hair is something we all want to be rid of.
After doing some research, we came across a new technique that can help stop the root of all of these issues. We tried a coconut oil treatment, and the results were unbelievable. Before we get into how it’s done, here are some good every-day tips to help prevent hair breakage.
- When brushing your hair, make sure to start from the ends of your hair. As you brush through the ends, work your way slowly upward, towards your roots. With harsh brushing from top to bottom, you pull the “tangles” toward the ends of your hair. The ends are the most delicate areas of your hair all together. Brush them with care.
- When applying conditioner, keep a wide – toothed comb handy in the shower. After applying your conditioner, use the comb to distribute the conditioner evenly. This will help with tangling later.
- For clip in extensions, be sure to store them with care. Choose something that will keep them from tangling. We now offer Storage Bags and Hair Hangers for our clip in extensions, and they are great for storing your extensions safely and securely! See our NEW Storage Bags and Hair Hangers in Accessories.
- After washing your hair, apply a de-tangling spray before combing your hair. This will surely prevent unnecessary tangles.
- Try putting your hair in a bun before bed. This has proven to prevent breaking the ends of your hair while you sleep.
- Take your vitamins, and drink plenty of water. This is good for every part of your body, and is one of the best things you can do for your hair, skin and nails.
We put several brands to the test. Coconut oil can be found at your local grocery store, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Costco etc.. We found a brand called “Carrington Farms” that has worked very well. (Try Ebay or Amazon if you can’t find it locally). Coconut oil is great for your hair, and deep conditions like a miracle worker. There are brands out there that can leave your hair feeling oily after washing it out, so we do suggest Carrington Farms” brand. We found that after rinsing the coconut oil, there were no signs of “oily” texture left over.
People have started using Coconut Oil to deep condition their hair, because it is concentrated with essential oils that replenish our hair, and leave it soft and shiny. You can use this oil as a deep conditioning treatment, and gain the same results as you would going to a high-end salon. It’s easy, affordable for anyone, and you can do this right in your own home. Most of the ingredients that can be found in beauty treatments, will include many natural supplements. You just need to find the main ingredient! Then, these high-cost beauty treatments can be done more conveniently, and without the high price!
How to apply:
- Wash your hair with a gentle, moisturizing shampoo. Try to stay away from shampoos that read “clarifying”, or that contain the ingredient “sulfate”.
- Melt 2-3 Tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave.
- Start by applying the oil to your roots, massaging the liquid into your scalp. Work your way down, and massage the oil deep into the ends of your hair.
- Let the oil sit in your hair for an hour or so. If you have a shower cap or “hair towel”, you can even let it sit in your hair overnight.
*This is also great for clip in extensions. Use our Hair Hanger to hang your extensions overnight, while the oil sits in your extensions. See our Hair Hangers.
- When you are ready, rinse with warm water thoroughly. If necessary, use a little shampoo to ensure you rinse out all of the oil.
When your hair is dry, you have shiny, beautiful hair! The softness should be incredible, and you should have a gorgeous healthy shine to your hair. This can last for at least a week, so you may repeat the process once per week, or once every two weeks. If you have excessive oil in your hair naturally, it may be best to do this every 2 weeks. We have heard such wonderful things about the process, and many girls have had amazing results. The best part about using coconut oil is that your hair will be so soft, it will even break less often. The stronger and softer your hair is, the less you will have to worry about breakage. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to brush through your hair each day. Give it a try, and see how it works for you!
We would love to hear about your experiences with coconut oil treatments. Let us know on social media! #Myfantasyhair #Mfhextensions #Myfantasyhairextension